cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQMX Task startup & property changing slow

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi!

I'm trying to make a very fast eventchanging Digital I/O-reader, which should be able to change events on for same I/O under ~20ms.
However, Stopping the task, setting the property node (fe. Change Detection & register event for Change detection) and starting the task again takes ridicilous amounts of time (100ms+).

Is there any way around this?
The Tasks are allready reserved before starting the program for faster usage.
Any ideas?

Message Edited by Nallez on 08-01-2007 06:43 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nallez

First key question: is it really necessary to stop and re-start the task?  Or is there another way to accomplish your purpose?  For example, if you stop and re-configure to be sensitive to transitions on different DIO lines before re-starting, you might be able to take the following approach:

- Configure hardware once to be sensitive to any transitions you're ever interested in.

- Configure a software filter that can evaluate the changes acquired and decide if they are the "right" ones.

- Instead of stopping, re-configuring, and re-starting the hardware task you would just re-define the software filter parameters for a new definition of "right".

-Kevin P.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,152 Views)
Yeah. I have to try to just start the task once after configuration and then work with the events.

Thanks for the idea. (Tho I'm pretty sure I've allready tried that one :P)

Message Edited by Nallez on 08-01-2007 07:59 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,150 Views)