LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQExpress X Y Curve for even count and Along

Dear Sir/ Madam, 

I am using the DAQExpress and i have two kind of input one is analog (Input ,0.5V to 5V ) other is event counter ( PFI0). May i plot the X Y Graph together in  DAQExpress software ?

 

I am using the USB6008 data  Data Acquisition Card, how may i reset the counter after 360 count . I am new for LabVIEW software . I have to plot the Pressure and Volume diagram for combustion engine in real time. 

 

May i ask to please share if you have similar example Thanks and looking forward for your reply . 

 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(634 Views)

Hi dk,

 


@DKPandey wrote:

I am using the DAQExpress and i have two kind of input one is analog (Input ,0.5V to 5V ) other is event counter ( PFI0). May i plot the X Y Graph together in  DAQExpress software ?


You might get better results when not using the DAQAssistent ExpressVI, but plain DAQmx functions instead...

 


@DKPandey wrote:

I am using the USB6008 data  Data Acquisition Card, how may i reset the counter after 360 count . I am new for LabVIEW software . I have to plot the Pressure and Volume diagram for combustion engine in real time.


You might get much better results when using a more powerful DAQ device!

Use DAQ hardware which allows to use the external trigger signal to trigger the sample acquisition!

 

The USB6008 only allows a start trigger. And it doesn't allow to reset the counter, you need to stop and restart the counter task (or use quotient and remainder operation on the counter value). Additionally the 6008 is rather slow to measure combustion related signals accurately.

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2020 on Win8.1+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(598 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Thank for your reply , we are doing the student project . May i ask you to please share the some example quotient and remainder operation on the counter value. Even i used the LabVIEW but it is not getting rest , Making the manually reset is really very difficult once engine run (RPM range 600RPM to 800RPM)

 

I attached one manual reset Vi . May i ask you to please help me how may i rest automatically after count of 360. May i know how to use the plain DAQ option. I have seem only DAQ assistance in the LabVIEW's search option. may i plot the X , Y graph ( PV diagram for engine) in DAQ express  because both input is different. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(591 Views)

Hi DK,

 


@DKPandey wrote:

May i ask you to please share the some example quotient and remainder operation on the counter value.  


Quotient&Remainder (QR) is a basic numeric function, found in the numerics palette. It also has a LabVIEW help explanation!

 

Simple implementation:

 


@DKPandey wrote:May i know how to use the plain DAQ option. I have seem only DAQ assistance in the LabVIEW's search option. may i plot the X , Y graph ( PV diagram for engine) in DAQ express  because both input is different. 

See this excellent article!

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2020 on Win8.1+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(548 Views)