LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQAssisant falls over when using Vista Home Premimum and Vista Ultimate

Help needed, I have a Dual Core Laptop with Vista Home Premium installed, MAX fails to open (there is no realated error message). DAQAssistant in Labview 8.5 also fails to open (giving a "unknown error occued"). I have un-installed the Nov 07 device set and installed the Feb 08 disc set, but Max and DAQAssistant still do not work, I have Admin rights and i have also disabled "Turn User Account on or off".  The national instruments programs files folder is not read only and also "ProgramData" folder.

I have re-built my machine with Vista Ultimate and the same errors still happen !

Any ideas ?

Message Edited by OCX on 02-13-2008 03:00 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,922 Views)
I'm not sure what is going on, but I am running Vista Enterprise and the DAQ Assistant runs just fine. I can't get the Instrument I/O Assistant to run though. I've reinstalled many times with no luck... 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,914 Views)
Hi OCX

Can I please point you towards this KnowledgeBase.  There was an issue with the DAQmx driver that was shipped with Nov 2007 driver set which causes problems with MAX. The symptons you are describing could well be caused by this issue. The KB will help you determine if you are affect by this and if so will walk you through solving the issue. Let me know if this is not in fact what is causing your problem and I will investigate further.

Toby, when you say you can't run the instrument assistant can you please elaborate? Do you get any errors etc? What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,881 Views)
Hi , I am using Feb 08 Driver Disc Set, with the very latest DAQmx.  When you drop the DAQ Assisant function into the block diagram after about 30 seconds an error dialog box is shown stating "unknown Error"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,878 Views)
Hi , I am using Feb 08 Driver Disc Set, with the very latest DAQmx.  When you drop the DAQ Assisant function into the block diagram after about 30 seconds an error dialog box is shown stating "unknown Error"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,877 Views)
Quote from oringal post:

"I have un-installed the Nov 07 device set and installed the Feb 08 disc set, but Max and DAQAssistant still do not work"

Even though you are now running the Feb 08 driver set, if the corrupted Nov driver was installed, uninstalling it and putting on the later driver will not have fixed the issue. Please can you confirm if the  DAQmx 8.6.0f12 driver was at any point installed on your machine?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,872 Views)
Hi, Yes it was, but i have followed the on-line instructions to de-install the Nov 07 Devices drivers and also followed the instructions about the MAX corrupt database fix.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,866 Views)
What I would reccommend is to do a complete re-install of all of our software. This is not ideal I know, but it sounds like somewhere there has been a corruption of your software. I have attatched a document that should talk you through the relevent steps. Let me know if you have any questions/problems.

Rich   
NI | UK
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,855 Views)
Yes, I get a message popup that says, "Measurement & Automation Explorer or the Instrument I/O Assistant is not installed correctly. Please install these from the LabVIEW Driver CD."

v4.4.0f1 of MAX

v8.7.0f1 of NI-DAQmx Device Driver
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,847 Views)
After several hours of de-installing and cleaning my registry and re-installing labview/teststand i still have the same problems, i have now put a dule boot on my laptop and Labview 8.5 runs okay, i tsill need to resolve the issue with vista though ! any mor esuggestions would be most helpful
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,833 Views)