From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ

Hi,

I am trying to save the 100 samples worth of data after each trigger event in a pulse train. I am using a VI inside another VI to control the data being saved. I am able to save the first pulse of of data by writing it to a measurement file (excel) but the data points after the first pulse reads zeros. Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem? 

The 100 samples are created every 200ms.

Could this be a problem due to the data being unable to be saved at the speed?

Is there any method of solving this using a buffer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,912 Views)

Without knowing anything about the code you have developed so far, you may want to look into a Producer/ Consumer architecture as a way to use queues to effectively run multiple loops. Saving data to a file will involve some delay, so this is the sort of operation that should be decoupled from the sampling loop.

Again, without knowing anything about the hardware you are using, I wouldn't have thought a sampling frequency of 500Hz should be too difficult to achieve with the right architecture.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,894 Views)