LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ problem on Version 8.5 doesn't work, it freezes up!!

Can anyone help me please?

I need to get daq assistant and a signal generator from the block diagram for a new VI, but found everytime I put it in place and try building the VI the whole labview development suit freeze up and I had to shutdown labview by task manager.

I can bring the daq assistant and the signal generator icons from the measurement I/O from the function palate. But, when the setup window launches it just freeze up and halts, can't do anything more. Did anyone else had the same problem?

I have labview 8.5 and my operating system is Win 7 pro with XP virtual mode instaled. I have already done some works on this version 8.5, but DAQ not seems to work on it, installed it not too long ago. can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,336 Views)

What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,332 Views)

Ni-DAQmx version 8.5 it came with the Labview V8.5.   If you can help that will be great.  thanks

Vis 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,323 Views)

I also have Ni-DAQmx version 8.3, but, I thought 8.5 would be the right thing to install.

Vis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,322 Views)

I just noticed you said you are using a virtual pc. I don't believe this is supported.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,317 Views)
  • But, I have Labview 8.5 functions without a problem?!

Vis

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,315 Views)

LabVIEW 8.5 supports up to DAQmx version 9.3. I would definitely reccomend installing this version if you can.

There's a great little KB here I can reccomend:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DC7EBB1316F3406A86257894007BD75C?OpenDocument

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,292 Views)