Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ parameters for NI 9232

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a vibration signals acquisition procédure. for this I have:

- NI cDAQ-9174 

- NI 9232

Labview 8.6

I'm trying to setup a simple VI using an assistant daq for the data acquisition and the write to measurement File for storage.

I have no problem with the accelerométer settings, it works well. however, I have problems to find the suitable daq parameters: the sample to read and the rate (I want find parameters allowing me to have small data files). I think that the minimum rate I can use with NI 9232 Is about 1kS/s, with this rate the files are too big. Even if I put a wait tool a in the while loop the storage rate is the same and the LVM files are so big.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,608 Views)

I don't have 8.6 but if you go to the example finder and type in 'decimate' there might be an example that you can model by.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,593 Views)
Hello

do you have an specific frequency that you want to capture? If so, try to set the sample rate for a good resolution around 5 or 10 times the max frequency, and for the number of samples, for that specific frequency calculate the time period and capture at least 10 times that time.

regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,576 Views)

Hello,

You also have this example from the community which show you how to manage data into more than one tdms file.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3916

Thanks

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,560 Views)