LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ-mx Simulation devices

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I just reinstalled Labview 8.2 and I cannot see simulation devices in the MAX. MAX is 4.2. All I can see RTSI Cable. I used to have simulation devices, but I also installed LAbview 2010 eval before. After the complete reinstall I cannot get it back. I tried few times. When I install new DAQmx (I think 9.1), it installs simulation devices, but then I loose my DAQ-mx directory in vi.lib (not sure why).

Based on the NI info Labview 7.4 and above should have simulation devices. ANy suggestions?

I use Win 7 64bit.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,506 Views)

LV8.2 isn't officially supported in Win7.  I think DAQmx 9.1.x is the last that supports LV8.2 also, check if that is your current version.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,494 Views)

I am trying to use DAQmx 8.X. For some reason when I install DAQmx9.1 it removes DAQmx directory, and then my program could not find required .vis. I also loose DAQmx icon from the Functions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,480 Views)

I think you're trying to use incompatible combinations of Windows, LabVIEW, and DAQmx.  The latest version of the 8.x line that I'm aware of is 8.9.5, which doesn't support Win7.  If you have Win7 you need LabVIEW 2009 and DAQmx 9.0.2 at a minimum.  LV2010 or 2011 probably need a newer DAQmx.  The readme for each DAQmx version will list what is compatible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,473 Views)

Well, I do not get any warnings while install or running LV8.2. I would think I get warning if it was not compatible. 

Thank you you for replies

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,470 Views)

My company is getting ready for a Win7 transition and we did test officially unsupported versions of LabVIEW.  I wasn't the primary tester, but we did get 8.2 installed without any visible errors though none of the DAQ equipment was recognized.  Sounds like a similar problem to yours.  It never hurts to try things with your own equipment, but if it doesn't work I'm very confident this is the reason.  We have a good relationship with NI and have been communicating with them quite a bit about this, I'm more than happy to share what we've learned.  I highly recommend installing versions that are officially supported.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,468 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rus_K

Thank you.  I think we do not get any warning because 8.2 supported by Vista, and it is probably barely good enough to pass Win7 install.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,458 Views)