LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ device signals in Tab Control not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am making a VI for the signal handling of a PXI-1033 device using a tab control, but placing the DAQ writes signals in the tabs does not work when running the VI. It should be noted that when I remove the event structure from VI the signals work properly.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rypzz1

This is a pretty basic *dataflow* issue.  Your loop can't iterate until *all* code inside the loop finishes executing.

One of those things is an event structure without a finite timeout value, so it will wait as long as forever to finish if you don't interact with one of the GUI buttons it's waiting for.

This will not be the only problem in your code that you need to solve.  I recommend you spend some time with training materials on dataflow, event structures, and parallelism vs. sequencing.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,109 Views)

Thanks for your advice Kevin, on the other hand, do you think that a tab control is not the best solution to separate the DAQ signals into tabs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,101 Views)

The Tab control only affects your GUI layout.  Where you place your controls and indicator on your front panel has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on the values they contain, and your block diagram code depends only on those values.

In other words, the problems with your code execution have NOTHING to do with whether your DAQmx controls are arranged on a Tab control or not.  Code problems are in the code, which is found in the block diagram not the front panel.

Caps meant to convey emphasis, not anger.  😁

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,089 Views)

😊 Thanks Kevin for the clarification, I still don't have much experience programming with Labview, your advice is very valuable. I will review the documentation you recommended to improve my code. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,083 Views)