LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ device for linear encoder & labview 7.0

Ok, I am in a bit of a bind, so the quicker the response the better =).    I currently have Labview 7.0, and am needing to read the pulses of a MicroE hi-res encoder.  I know I am in need of a DAQ device, so I just want to know which one would be the best (cost-effective & easy to manipulate with Labview).   Also, I need three analog inputs as well.  Preferably the range of the analog inputs would be 0-10 volts (well, preferably 0-10mv, but that is unikely).  I am very unfamiliar with programming Labview, but will learn what I need ;).

Thank you VERY much!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,568 Views)
PLeeease! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,554 Views)
NI sells a lot of DAQ boards that could do the trick. You can browse through the products at http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/. The M-series boards are very nice. You could trying calling your local NI sales engineer to help you narrow down the options.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,551 Views)

Hello heepofajeep,

I would highly recommend you go with an M-Series Mulitfunciton DAQ Device for this application.  The two counter channels on these devices have expanded support for two phase relative linear and angular encoders, compared to older E Series devices.  In addition, these devices are capable of performing analog input, analog output, and digital I/O operations.  They contain a minimum of 16 analog input lines, with a programmable gain amplifier that will allow you to programmatically set the range anywhere as large as +/-10V to +/-0.1V in order to take full advantage of the resolution of the ADC on the device.  These devices can be programmed in LabVIEW 7.0 or later with the NI-DAQmx driver, and there is the DAQ Assistant and many great example programs for getting up and running with your application quickly.

I hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by Travis G. on 08-18-2006 04:55 PM

Message 4 of 4
(2,536 Views)