LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ channels set

hello everyone,

my question is how to set different max & min for different physical channels without modifying in the program panel?

like this 

DNAS0310_0-1591237702967.png

thank u!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,493 Views)

Hi,

In the DAQmx palette there is a Channel Property Node. Is it what you are searching for ?

Yddet_0-1591283449735.png

Yddet

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,435 Views)
thank u,another more,i can set input terminal configuration as default(-1) in Al-Voltage-Bsaci,how can i set default in the Channel Property Node?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,409 Views)

What is the "program panel" ? Is it NI Max ?

"input terminal configuration as default(-1) in Al-Voltage-Bsaci(typo?),how can i set default in the Channel Property Node?" Can you give more details ? I don't know where to find what you are talking about. 

Yddet

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,406 Views)

the details are below,

in AI-Voltage-Basic

in DAQmx channel property node

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,390 Views)

There is no option for "default" in the channel properties but you can find what is the default configuration in the help file "Default Input/Output Terminal Configurations". For the PCI-6110 it is Pseudodifferential.

Yddet_0-1591359581814.png

There is a trick to send "Default" to the property node but I don't know if it will work. Copy the enum for the "input terminal configuration" from the "DAQmx Create task" and wire it to the property node.

Terminal config.png

Yddet

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,380 Views)
the trick doesn't work,i should set default so it can run automatic.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,368 Views)

I would suspect (but cannot guarantee) that if you never explicitly try to set the "terminal config" at all, DAQmx will *assume* the device's default terminal config.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,355 Views)

@Kevin_Price wrote:

I would suspect (but cannot guarantee) that if you never explicitly try to set the "terminal config" at all, DAQmx will *assume* the device's default terminal config.

-Kevin P

This is true. I am updating a program where I give the user the ability to change this, which can be a nightmare.

Things to watch for:

• Certain DAQ devices have BNC inputs that can do differential, RSE, NRSE configurations. ALWAYS go with the differential and do not expose the user to the other options. The inner and out part of the BNC terminal are the two SE inputs used for differential measurements. I assume nobody is going to break out wire connections to the outer and inner part of a BNC connector. This can also be confusing to the end user as the specs say 16 channels, but you only see 8 bnc connectors on the device.
  • Other DAQs have wire connectors; here people can rewire their inputs. So if they set ai0 to differential it is really ai0/ai8 that need to be wired. Note the DAQmx API lets you get measurements from the same terminal with different terminal configurations. I don't expose the user to that, but be aware. For example if the user chooses ai0/ai8 differential measurement, I don't allow them to also take a RSE ai8 measurement simultaneously, although the DAQmx API allows it.

mcduff

Message 9 of 13
(2,341 Views)

so how can i set  terminal config for different physical channels like this?

DNAS0310_0-1591446881875.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,281 Views)