LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ can't generate signal

There is no error message from DAQ Assistance or MAX, such that I thought there is no problem with this DAQ. Yet, there is absolutely no signal output.

I just checked the pins, the ground pin and 5v pin has 0v!

In MAX, there is no trouble shooting mechanism, since MAX thinks all is well. Has anyone had this issue before? How can I even begin to trouble shoot if there is no problem from the software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,448 Views)

Which DAQ device?

Does it need external power applied to it?

Perhaps it is damaged.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,447 Views)

Do you have anything currently connected to the DAQ?  If anything, what did you have connected to the DAQ?

@BaiLiping wrote:

I just checked the pins, the ground pin and 5v pin has 0v!

That could be caused by a number of things, including a blown fuse.  Again, what DAQ are you using and what have you had connected up to it?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,443 Views)

Hi Thanks for the reply. I am using 6361. I have tried it before, it should be fine. It is also possible that I might have blown some things up last time.

Currently, I just connected it up to some LED to check the connection. I am possitive the circuit is all good.

If  I did blow the fuse, shouldn't labview or NI give me some sort of error message?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,431 Views)

NI makes three devices called 6361 -- a USB device, a PXIe device, and a PCIe device.  Which do you have?  Did it ever work?  Did you short out the +5v output pin to ground?

It sounds like something serious as failed in the board (possibly due to User Error).  MAX is designed to test (and demonstrate) the functionality of a working unit -- I don't think it will necessarily test/report failure of circuitry on the "user side" of the unit.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,399 Views)