LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ can't distinguish the PCI-6221 card

Hi,all:

I have install PCI-6221 in my computer, and when I can open the MAX, it  display PCI-6221'PCI\VEN....(see the attachment)‘,rather than  NI-PCI-6221‘Dev1’。 

when I Open Labview,and use DAQmx creat  a channel to get a voltage, it dispaly that the Labview can't finde andy device. How can I solve it

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,163 Views)

lyw_2010,

Could it be one of these problems? 

Make sure you installed DAQmx without the PCI card installed in your computer and inserted the device to the PCI slot after installation. This is to make sure the computer associates the correct driver to the card.

All the best,

Message 2 of 5
(2,122 Views)

Ha!  I thought I knew all the "tricks" about LabVIEW installations, but I didn't know that you should remove a DAQ card before installing its Driver!  Makes a kind of sense ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,113 Views)

Having big problems with PCI 6221 card and win 7. This card appears ijn NI Max however it shows a warning 'Windows does not have a driver for your device"

The workaround given is not applicable as my error code is 28 - not 22!  No driver has ever been installed and the NI website appears to not have a driver available. Clicking the web link in NI Max takes me to 97 possible drivers, but none of them look relevant. Any chance of posting a link to this specific driver?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,216 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,196 Views)