LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ block diagram does not allow me to mouse over and click to change values.

DAQ block diagram does not allow me to mouse over and click to change values or even connect lines, what is the setting to change to allow that? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(895 Views)

Hi beholder,

@beholder82 wrote:

DAQ block diagram does not allow me to mouse over and click to change values or even connect lines, what is the setting to change to allow that? 

What is a "DAQ block diagram"? Are you talking about a specific VI? (And why don't you attach that VI?)

Is the VI locked? Is the VI running?

(Did you notice the Training resources offered at the top of the LabVIEW board?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(888 Views)

Sorry dont really know the actual name of it, im a student trying to learn this. below is the screen shot of the block diagram i am refering to

beholder82_0-1638274978784.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(867 Views)

Hi beholder,

did you notice those "Training resources" offered at the top of the LabVIEW board by now?

@beholder82 wrote:

Sorry dont really know the actual name of it, im a student trying to learn this. below is the screen shot of the block diagram i am refering to

When you even have problems to name "front panel" and "block diagram" (and don't know "wires") you really should take the Training...

Why do you attach a downsized blurry image, where we cannot recognize anything?

Please keep in mind: we cannot debug/edit/run images in LabVIEW!

@beholder82 wrote:

Why do you expect to "change values" in the block diagram? You should know you can change values in the controls, found in the front panel!

Why do you expect to edit a running VI by "connecting lines"? Do you know any other IDE where you can edit a running executable?

Do you even recognize that the VI in your screenshot is running?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(851 Views)

Hi GerdW

no actually, only can see the software while in school. just need to know the settings to enable the mouse over to edit the individuals values.

tried asking my teachers, but none know how to set it back.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(801 Views)