From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistent in block diagram URGENT!

I am doing thelabview " getting started" chapter 4:Hardware: Acquiring Data and Communicating with Instruments.On this chapter it tells me to go to the block diagram, then choose express and then inputs. Then it tells me to choose DAQ assistant expressVI. I have serched it and can not find it. Can someone tell me how to find i or get it? I really need to know this as quick as possible. I am really new to LabView

From a student

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,268 Views)

Do a search in the forum first for any kind of queries. Then post back if still stuck up.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,265 Views)

I think you don't have the DAQmx installed. Please verify this.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,261 Views)
I did search but it didnt help me
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,238 Views)
I have installed the drivers , cd that came with the Daq mx. and still i cant find what i am looking for
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,237 Views)
And i cant find the all function as it was described on the search link u posted.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,236 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW are you using? What version of DAQmx is installed? Was DAQmx installed AFTER LabVIEW?

Norbert 

Message Edited by Norbert B on 04-20-2009 08:38 AM
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,233 Views)
I have Labview 8.6 And the NI-Daqmx cd is version 8.6. The Daqmx was installed after labview
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,227 Views)

Please take a look into the example finder (Help >> Find examples) and search for DAQmx examples. Are you able to find some and open them?

Norbert 

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,222 Views)

I found some. I tried to open one called " Stimulus and response data with encoder. A message came up after a few secounds saying " The NI exmaple finder timed out before the NI helpserver responded. The example might be taking to long to open". The i tried to open another one called order tracking mangitude abd phase. then i got this message " This example requiers an addon toolkit in order to run. The toolkit needed is not currently installed.

I know i installed the driver that came with the DAQmx so i dont see what can be the problem

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,203 Views)