From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant express vi with case structure (True to false is not working)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I just have simple question about the DAQ assistant express vi. 

I am using two AO with my USB X-series. I want to stop the outputting voltages when the boolean is "False" so I made simple case structure. It seems like False to True is working but not From True to False. Is it because of the nature of DAQ assistant? 

hchun_0-1613710204113.png

hchun_1-1613710224427.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,214 Views)

Your DAQ Assistant is set for Continuous Samples.   So when your Boolean goes True, it starts outputting data.  When your Boolean goes False, there is nothing to tell it to stop sending data since the DAQ Assistant is in the True case.

Move the DAQ Assistant out of the case structure.  Wire the boolean to the Stop terminal of that express VI.

Better yet, look at examples for DAQmx and use the real DAQmx functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,200 Views)

I just wanted the DAQ assistant turn it on and off or off and on... while the loop is continuously running and thanks for your explanation. I understood your explanation but I think I am in the wrong direction when trying to edit the vi.... So i moved the DAQ assistant outside from the case structure and connected with boolean through the case structure but doesn't seem to be properly working..? maybe I wired it wrong.. 

Just want it turn it on and off... while the loop is continuously running.

hchun_0-1613714488522.png

hchun_1-1613714500001.png

I am currently taking the courses provided from ni to be learn more basics but due to urgency need to take some actions so I was trying to use simple express vi. I will definitely use DAQmax instead later. Thanks for your advise though! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hchun

What does "Not properly working" mean?  What is it doing that you don't want it to do, or what is it not doing that you do want it to do.

Do you want it to output just 0 volts?  If so, I'd set up a signal for that in the False case.

Also, if the button is pushed in to be True,  does that mean Run or Stop for you?  If True means run, than obviously you'll need to put a NOT function on that before you wire it into the "stop" input of the DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,052 Views)

Thanks! will try based on your comments! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,029 Views)