LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant does not have inputs or outputs

We had a vi that was working great but when we added two additional channels through DAQ assistant, the new channels checked out in DAQ assistant but did not show up when the VI was run.  The additional data did not show on the probe either.  We then tried a new DAQ assistant  and prepared to add all the channels anew.  The new DAQ assistant did not have any terminals in or out.  We have repaired labview, updated NI-DAQ but to nothing works. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,009 Views)
Hi bamamoser,
did you try to copy your code to a new vi?
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,004 Views)
 I just tried it.  It has the terminals but does not work quite right.  If I change any of the channels it looks good when I test them but when I hit OK and run the vi, it reads the channels as orriginally set.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,983 Views)
Post your VI so someone can look at it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,970 Views)
Here are two simple vi's  Copied DAQ assistant.vi has a DAQ assistant copied from a "working" vi.  It works but can not be changed.

The second one was made by deleting DAQ assistant and putting in a new one from the express menu.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,951 Views)

bamamoser,

I opened your New DAQ Assistant.vi and was able to double click on the Express VI to change its configuration.  When you double click on the DAQ Assistant, what behavior do you witness?  Also, which DAQ devices are you using and which channels were causing this issue when added?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,910 Views)
When I open DAQ assistant from a previous VI it looks normal, I see all of the channels from the hardward and it allows me to add channels or delete channels.  When I test them they show up and everything looks good.  When a click OK and run the VI non of the changes are reflected in the data recorded.  It goes back to the previous set up.  With a new DAQ assistant put in the vi from the menu, I do not get anything.  There are no input nor outputs and I can not get into it to add channels.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,880 Views)
bamamoser2,

I would suggest repairing the DAQmx driver or upgrading the driver to the latest version.  I have seen similar issues before and this seemed to fix the problem.  You can get the upgraded driver at ni.com\updates or you can repair the driver using the steps in this knowledgebase.  Let me know if this alleviates the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,863 Views)
We've done both but will try again. 
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,846 Views)