From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Troubles

Hello all. I've been given a labview program written by someone else, and I'm trying to edit it so that it can measure and display 7 temperature values using a DAQ and Instacal. I am new to Labview, but I have been following along with the program enough to have an idea of how it works. I'm attaching a picture of the code that isn't performing as I thought it would. Previously, the index array only used indexes 0,1, and 2. I figured that adding more indexes for the additional sensors would be a good first step. How do you configure a DAQ reading vi to read more channels? I can provide pictures of the block diagrams for all the vis if necessary. Thanks a ton in advance, I'm pretty overwhelmed by this all haha. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,904 Views)

I don't understand what you are asking for here.  You have Index Array giving you 7 1-D arrays of rows 0 through 6.  (Note, you don't need to wire up all of those index constants.  Index Array will give you those automatically.)

If you aren't reading 7 channels worth of data, then the problem is wherever you configured the task, which isn't shown in your subVI.  You need to show the VI that does the task configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,893 Views)

-You can use for loop and auto indexing option to simplify your current section of code even simpler and modular.

-Since you said you are beginner i thought below links will be helpful to get some learning along with examples shipped in LabVIEW ( Help->Find examples)

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

LabVIEW Graphical Programming Course

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3