LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ RESET

Is it bad to do a DAQ RESET every time a portion of your code is called?  I do a bunch of testing generating signals then reading them back w a DAQ Card (PXI6230).  Before I enter a DOWHILE Loop I do a DAQ RESET.  I wanted the DAQ to be in a known state before testing began.

Windows 7

LV2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,642 Views)

I would imagine that, unless you were repeating the loop incredibly frequently, it would be a good way to go. As long as it's not inside the loop and repeating with every iteration, no problem, I'd say. Much better that than having some spurious data in a buffer that you hadn't expected.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,599 Views)
A full reset seems unnecessary but probably not harmful. A reset would take much longer than I would want to spend but it's your choice. Do you clear the task after the acquisition? I would assume that you aren't doing continuous acquisition mode. N Samples or single sample mode?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,586 Views)

I clear and release the task w each iteration inside the do/while loop.  Take 1000 samples @ 1000 samples/sec. inside that iteration.  I do a DAQ reset outside the do/while.  You guys said the exact reason why I was doing it.  To have the DAQ in a known state when I started the iteration.   The reason I asked was I generate a square on say CH1 then read it back on say CH2 of the daq.  This is done as simutaneously as possible in a (write/read) vi I wrote.  I have itermittent failures on the second time i run the (write read) vi and was concerned the reset was doing something I didn't expect.  Time to get a scope out..

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,531 Views)

You shouldn't need to clear your task with each iteration.  You should be able to setup the task before your loop and then clear it after your loop.  This will make things a little easier on the DAQ card.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,518 Views)