LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Inputs

Hi, I'm currently using a DAQ board to create a program to record data from multiple channels, and send the data into a binary file. I was wondering if there was a way to give the user the ability to adjust the inputs on the user interface. I currently have a way to adjust the rate and the number of samples, since those are inputs on the DAQ Assistant VI, but I'm still trying to figure out a way to have the ability to adjust the number of channels and the range. Also, I'm using the Write to Measurement File VI, and I was wondering if there was a way to give the user the ability to adjust how long the data will be recorded into a file. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached my current program, as well as analog inputs from a Matlab program, which is similar to what I want the user to have control of in a Labview program.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,097 Views)

You will need to get away from using the Express VIs.  They are ok for quickly getting something to limp along.  But to do anything real, you need to learn the real APIs.

Go into the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) and do a search for "Voltage - Continuous Input.vi".  That is a pretty good example of how to use the DAQmx API.  I also recommend using the DAQmx Streaming to a TDMS file.  It will automatically log the data in a TDMS file.  All you have to do is tell it where to put the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(3,092 Views)

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, that example doesn't work with the version I have (11.0.1).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,085 Views)

Ah, they changed between LabVIEW versions.  I thought the change would be with DAQmx.  Anyways, Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi should be a decent one for you then.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(3,069 Views)

So I downloaded the latest version of LabView, but for some reason, that program won't work for me. It's missing the VIs related to DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,062 Views)
That's because you have to reinstall the DAQmx driver.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,054 Views)

Also make sure that you have the latest version of DAQmx to make sure it is compatible with LabVIEW 2013.  But you do need to install the drivers after you install LabVIEW.  The reason is the driver install detects what it needs to support.  So if it doesn't see LabVIEW 2013 there, it won't install the LabVIEW 2013 support.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,047 Views)