LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant with more than 16 channels?

Hello, I am attempting to take data from some 22 to 24 pressure transducers (PX277's) using the NI-USB-6343. I am wondering if I can use two separate DAQ Assistants to accommodate more than 16 analog channels? Or should I use a different method of receiving the sensors data?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,599 Views)

Hello, I am attempting to take data from some 22 to 24 pressure transducers (PX277's) using the NI-USB-6343. I am wondering if I can use two separate DAQ Assistants to accommodate more than 16 analog channels? Or should I use a different method of receiving the sensors data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,598 Views)

From what I can quickly dig up, the PX277 outputs a single ended voltage signal.  Just make sure all of the - terminals on the sensors and the AI GND are tied together at a single point.  Then you can wire up a single USB-6343 to have up to 32 sensors.  Only 1 DAQmx task will be needed now.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,569 Views)

I am curious if the DAQmx task (being DAQ Assistant) will accept this number of channels and will I run into any difficulties splitting the signal coming out of the DAQ assistant?

Thus far I have successfully taken measurements from three of these transducers, split the signals, extrapolated the pressure from the voltage, merged the signals and wrote this data to an excel file. Before I wire up 20+ of these sensors I would like to confirm the viability of 20+ channels of the DAQ Assistant. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,543 Views)

First, I would avoid using the DAQ Assistant.  It does a lot of things inefficiently and I absolutely despise the Dynamic Data Type that comes out of it.  Instead, learn to use the DAQmx API (Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications) and get an array of values.  You can then easily process the data using a FOR loop.  From there, the code will very simply scale from 1 to 32 channels.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,541 Views)

@GNorsten wrote:

I don't recommend using DAQ Assistant, but if you must, check the terminal configuration. You will need to set it to Single Ended, not differential. Then you may have access to more channels. (Don't have LabVIEW here to check)

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,533 Views)