LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant not launching (LV 2013)

Hi all,

I have LabVIEW 2013 installed, and in all the tutorials it says that the DAQ assistant should launch once it is dropped onto the Block Diagram. I have been doing so (Express > Input > DAQ Assistant on the Functions palette) but nothing launches when I put it on the diagram.

Why is this happening? Are there any solutions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,531 Views)

The default setting in LabVIEW is to configure when dropped, but this box can be unchecked. Double-click to configure if it doesn't automatically show the popup.

To change the setting go to Tools > Options > Block Diagram tab > "Configure Express VIs Immediately"

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,526 Views)

Hi James,

I have tried double clicking it, and nothing is happening. Do you know why this is?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,517 Views)
Please provide the version of DAQmx that you installed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,504 Views)

I installed DAQmx version 14.0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,498 Views)
You could try a repair or install the latest - http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5.1/5271/en/
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,493 Views)

Yup, sounds like a bad install 😕

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,487 Views)