LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant inverts DIO lines when generating NI-DAQmx code

When I use the DAQ assistant to generate DAQ code for DIO Outputs, the "Invert Line" section comes up checked and greyed out (see attached PNG). Anyone know why this is occurring, and how to keep it from happening. I am using a PXI-6509 as a TTL control card, and the  inverted outputs are causing problem with my switches.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,834 Views)

ATE_Dude_22,

It looks like you are using virtual global channels in your channel settings. The invert line is grayed out because virtual global channel settings are set in MAX or in your application software. The settings for the channel propagate to all tasks and projects the channel is called in.

Andy M.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,802 Views)

That is correct, I am using virtual global channels, but is there a way to diable the invert, prior to creating the DAQ code, or do I have to change it after?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,766 Views)

Hi ATE_DUde_22,

You can change the properties of the virtual global channel from where you created the channel. Uncheck "Invert Line" from the Configuration Settings.

Andy M.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,736 Views)

You can't, it comes up greyed out, it has to be done programmatically after the DAQmx code is generated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,728 Views)