LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant does not show up

After installing DAQexpress, the DAQ Assistant is no longer displayed in Labview 2015.
How can I make it appear?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,149 Views)

What is "DAQExpress"?

What version of DAQmx did you install?  Newer versions of DAQmx only go back a few versions of LabVIEW.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/16/ni-daqmx-and-labview-compatibility.h...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,121 Views)

What version of DAQExpress did you install?  If you installed 4.0 or newer, you also installed a version of DAQmx that is not compatible with LabVIEW 2015.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,097 Views)

Thanks for contacting me.
NI-DAQmx Device Driver 20.0 had been introduced.
Can I downgrade to a newer version of NI-DAQmx?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,077 Views)

You need to uninstall DAQmx 20.0 and install a version of DAQmx that is no newer than DAQmx 18.6 according to that link I gave you earlier.

I don't know anything about DAQexpress, but if it requires a new version of DAQmx than 18.6, you won't be able to use it.  You'll need to use LabVIEW 2015 and DAQExpress on different PC's because you can only install one version of DAQmx on any given PC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,071 Views)

I previously installed DAQExpress 5.0.
Since then, the DAQmx version has become 20.0 and I have not been able to downgrade successfully.
Do you have any idea how to downgrade DAQmx?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,069 Views)

Thank you for contacting us.
When uninstalling DAQmx 20.0, I was instructed to also remove the items listed in the attachment. If I were to install DAQmx 18.6 afterwards, would it be safe to remove these?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,060 Views)

I don't know why uninstalling DAQmx 20.0 would tell you to remove those 15.1 (or 15.0) items.

I would expect the process of installing DAQmx 20.0 would remove those items.

I would just go ahead and let things uninstall.   Then when you are done, go back and install DAQmx 18.6 which should put back anything it needs if those things are now missing.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,041 Views)