From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant analog output

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to output a constant voltage (from 0 to 5 volts) through a DAQ assistant and running into problems.  Here's what I have now

DAQ assistant.png

4.1.png

And the error I'm receiving is

error.png

As always, Thank you all for your help,

Nicole

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,800 Views)

What type of device are you using?  Does it show up in MAX?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,797 Views)

I'm using a NI 9269, what is MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,794 Views)

I don't use DAQ Assistant but I bet that you can't use two of them with one DAQ.  You have to add a channel and configure one DAQ Assistant to output your two signals.

EDIT:  NI MAX is the Measurment and Automation Explorer that ships with almost every product and driver.  I'd like to point you to a NI website that explains it but there doesn't appear to be one! Smiley Sad

It's in the start menu under National Instruments.  OPen it and look in the help.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 4 of 10
(5,784 Views)

I am using two channels, unfortunately I can't get it to work even with just one channel being used

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,781 Views)

Close LabVIEW, open NI-MAX, double-click 'Devices and Inerfaces', click on your card, go to the test panels tab and verify you have any output.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,778 Views)

Here's what I get on thes test tab

NI MAX 1.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,772 Views)

Have you tested your device in MAX?  What are the results?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,765 Views)

When I select self test a pop-up appears and says that it passed the self test

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,762 Views)

Have you tried searching the forums for the error number?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3A170&q=error+5...

This is a common error and you quickly will see that you can't split your analog output between different DAQ assistants.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,743 Views)