LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant Lines in Channel don't match Lines in Data

I'm trying to toggle the digital output of the myDAQ using DAQ Assistant in LabVIEW. However, when I generate the control for the myDAQ I am given an error that the number of lines in channel do not match the number of lines in data (1 and 0 respectively).

I have 5 digital output channels (0-4) and when I click "create control" it gives me a control with 8 disabled booleans. I am able to toggle the pins and monitor the output I expect using ElvisMX, so I don't think it's an issue with my hardware setup, the circuit or the myDAQ.

I've attached three screenshots of what I'm looking at which can hopefully give an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. I did watch a tutorial on how to get this working, but I just get a different result when I "create control" for the DAQ assistant. Where the tutorial just works, I am given the error.

EDIT (SOLVED): While continuing to work away at this, apparently the boolean array just wasn't "active" so I had to manually select the 5th element in the boolean array and manually switch it to "True", this would activate the 5 lines I needed from the boolean array to utilize the digital output pins that I have connected.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(824 Views)

Hi Lennac,

@Lennac wrote:

EDIT (SOLVED): While continuing to work away at this, apparently the boolean array just wasn't "active" so I had to manually select the 5th element in the boolean array and manually switch it to "True", this would activate the 5 lines I needed from the boolean array to utilize the digital output pins that I have connected.

The boolean array in this "raw…" image is empty: even when you show 5 elements the array still is empty. You need to set that array to contain 5 elements - as you did by clicking on the 5th element!

Lesson learned: the number of visible elements in an array control/indicator does NOT set the number of actual elements in the array…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(773 Views)