From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant Freezes Labview 2011

Hi All,

I am having trouble with Labview 2011 and NI-DAQmx. I recently removed the old NI-DAQmx drivers and updated to the newest version that is compatible with LABVIEW 2011. Now when I try to place the DAQ Assistant VI it locks me out of the LABVIEW interface. In automation explorer I can still create a task and signal express still allows the DAQ assistant to work with the sensors I have connected. It is only giving trouble in LABVIEW 2011 itself. Any help is appreciated.

Best,
jc3291

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,311 Views)

Hi jc,

why did you install a newer DAQmx version?

It may sound bad, but did you try to deinstall all NI software and then install all needed parts (LabVIEW first, DAQmx last) again?

I guess you know this chart!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,309 Views)

Yes, I installed NI-DAQmx 14.5.1  this was because originally the DAQ Assistant was not available in the Measurement I/O pallet. I also tried an older version (the cd that came with labview 2011) with a similar result. I have not tried a full reinstall. I think this might be the last and only option left but I have been trying to avoid it. 

Best,

jc3291

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,305 Views)