LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant Data to String

I am trying to take data from the DAQ assistant and create a string of data to be used in another part of my program, however I am unsure how to do this. I am currently using the "Get Waveform Component" to get the Y value of the data coming out of the DAQ assistant and then using the "Get Digital Data Components" to attempt to convert the data into a string somehow.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,544 Views)

Do you want one string, or an array of strings, or something else?

You can convert a number to a string (or an array of numbers to an array of strings) with the String/Number Conversion pallette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,525 Views)

Todd_Lesher is on the right track with this.  You will want to take the wire from the "Get Waveform Component" and wire it to something like a "Number To Fractional String."  This will output an array of strings.  If instead you just want a long string will all the values, you could use a For Loop with an Auto-Indexed Tunnel.  From this, convert each value into a string and use the "Concatenate Strings" function with the result being passed back into the function using Shift Register.  Hope this helps!

Jesse S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,487 Views)

@FoxSquirrel wrote:

If instead you just want a long string will all the values, you could use a For Loop with an Auto-Indexed Tunnel.  From this, convert each value into a string and use the "Concatenate Strings" function with the result being passed back into the function using Shift Register.

I would just use Array to Spreadsheet String.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,481 Views)