LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAC managed by parallel port

Hi to everyone,
I've to manage the dac (dac714 TI datasheet attached), by parallel port and by labview.
I've to control it managing four parallel's line (as indicated in the fig.8a for the only first dac pag.12)
I've to send the digital input as indicated in the timing's diagram.
How may I do it by Labview.
Any advice or documentation about it will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Paolo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,567 Views)
Hi Paolo,

I don't have time to develop your application,
but take the attached vi as a "starterkit".
It is very easy to expand it to your needs.
If you have further questions: have a look to vi properties/documentation. In addition find a scope-picture ( LPT was driven by WinNT /ATHLON XP1600)

regards
wha
Download All
Message 2 of 5
(2,567 Views)
Thanks a lot, but I've a problem to open it by labview 6.i!!!
May you send me an older version?

Thank you.

Paolo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,567 Views)
Hi Paolo,

at the moment it is a problem for me to save this program in LabVIEW 5 - version (from 6.1 you only can go one step back to 6.0 ). Take instead the HTML-documentation. If you extract the zip-file, you get the pictures of front-panels + diagrams. Because it is a small program, it's not a problem to redraw it from your own. Inside you will find in addition one of my email adresses - send me a mail, if you have questions.
For your application: I recommend to use buffers in between your DAC and the printerport. Typically I use 74HC573.
regards
wha
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,567 Views)
hi again,

after looking more carefully to your mail I saw that you use LabVIEW 6.0 - take the attached vi - now stored in 6.0 - version ............ sorry

wha
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,567 Views)