From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D2.2 help

okay so i almost have it put together. i am super new to the class (only 2 weeks in) but i am trying to figure out how i can make a numeric indicator only show numbers greater than 0. since i can only use  mathmatic functions as inputys to numeric indicators this is really stumping me. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,624 Views)
Could you please provide more info as what you mean by greater than "0"?
-If you want to display only positive integers you need to select indicator data type to "unsigned".
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,619 Views)

Hi James,

how i can make a numeric indicator only show numbers greater than 0.

Use a MinMax function before your indicator. Wire a "epsilon" constant to the 2nd input of MinMax and use the Max output to get a number "greater than zero" to show on your indicator:

indicator := MinMax(input; epsilon)

General recommendation:

- You thread title is silly: everybody is looking for "help" in a forum and "D2.2" is no LabVIEW specific term either. Use a better title the next time!

- Usually you should also show your VI and tell us where you are stuck. Nobody will do your homework for you from scratch!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,616 Views)