LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Detected error on NSV deployment

Solved!
Go to solution

I am getting a Cycle Detected Error on deployment of a NSV library on my cRIO.  This was brought about when I accidentally configured the cRIO library to be bound to a Windows NSV library and also bound the Windows NSV to the cRIO.  I realized my mistake and removed the binding within the cRIO library but for some reason the 'too smart for its own good' logic that the project uses to detect binding cycles still thinks the original binding exists.  The only way around this (other than maybe rebuilding the project) is to remove the Windows Library, deploy the cRIO library and then readd and deploy the Windows Library.  If anyone knows of another workaround please let me know.

24488i44D0EC12FF461BC7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,797 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author viScience

Workaround found!  You must disable binding on both libraries and deploy and then reenable the library with the correct binding and deploy again.

I would still classify this as a bug since at least one person 🙂 could not easily figure out how to get out of the error cycle.

Message 2 of 3
(3,781 Views)

Hi

Could you pls describe the steps how to get rid of this error in a little more detail. 

It would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Chandrahas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,548 Views)