LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize runtime menu font

I'm interested in making my app more touchscreen friendly. Right now there's a lot of stuff in the runtime menu but it's hard to hit with your fingers.

How can I enlarge the runtime menu's font? I imagine I'd have to hook into windows APIs, but does anyone have experience in this area?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,018 Views)

Hi pobrepablo1,

Could you clarify what exactly you mean by the runtime menu?  Is this the front panel of your application, or something different?  Please elaborate.

Either way, I suspect that the solution, if it exists, will be some sort of Windows DLL that zooms in on the screen.  The specific DLL call will be different depending on what embedded OS you have on your Touch Panel (Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded, Windows 7 Embedded, etc).  The OS is an option that would be chosen by you for most of our touch panels at purchase.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Andrew T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,992 Views)

I mean the runtime menu bar on the front panel. I'm using Windows 7 using a touchscreen monitor. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,982 Views)

Hi pobrepablo,

I think that modifying the .ini file of your executable should allow this to be increased.  You will want to follow the steps in the first method listed in the article below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/65f76f247012df68862562c70073be06

The tag you should modify in the .ini file is "appFont".  Try setting it to 3 or so, and see if that works for you.

Andrew T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,968 Views)

I tried adding appFont="3" and appFont=3 to the ini file - neither did anything; is my syntax right? I added it to the [Application] section.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,963 Views)

You need to change your Windows Display settings and set the font size larger.  The issue is it does not just apply to menus, but everything.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,954 Views)