LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom unit label for numeric control

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to find an easy way to display custom units next to my numeric control.

In the past I used caption to do that but this time both my label and my caption are already used. My units are totally random, coming from database along with numeric value and do not match available LabVIEW units. I basically need to add another text label/caption to the control and programmatically populate it with a text that is free from restrictions of the units. I do not need any unit conversion also. 

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,472 Views)

Build an XControl

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,450 Views)

Yea, that is not an easy way.

The control already have the unit structure and everything I need. If I could only disable all the unit validations and conversions... 

All I really need is to get rid of this "?". 

ValeraM_1-1619143899184.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,424 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ValeraM

Create a cluster.  Have it consist of the numeric and a string that you use for the extra string.  Use flat styles and transparent boxes so it doesn't look like a cluster.

Message 4 of 6
(2,418 Views)

It almost sounds like you should go with a Text indicator and build a string of number + unit. You can also use Format String property to create a dynamic indicator, e.g. with %#_g [Unit] where Unit is V, Hz or whatever you need.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 5 of 6
(2,399 Views)

I believe you mean something like this post

That could be a good solution but not for me in my case.

I think what  RavensFan  suggested is my best option.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,355 Views)