From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom text overlay on multiple regions of interest in an image

Hello all!

I am a newbie to this community and recently started to develop a small tool. The aim is to draw multiple regions of interest (say lines) in an image and manually classify them into different categories (e.g. A, B, C etc.) based on my own criteria. Next, the co-ordinates of these ROIs and their class labels should be exported to a spreadsheet. Although I could get to draw multiple ROIs using a for loop and save the co-ordinates to a file, I am struggling to find ways to assign the class labels. I eventually came to know that 'Overlay' options are well suited for this. I encountered two things in this regard:

1. When I use text or line overlay options, I cannot place these into the for loop in which I am able to draw lines and save their co-ordinates. Because the overlay image output could not be connected to the image in display as the source and sink types are different.

2. I could use the text overlay option outside the for loop which gives a text overlay only on the first line. Moreover, I want to have a custom label for the text overlay, which I could not find again.

Did anyone work on such task before or had similar experiences? Any hints to resolve this are much appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot!

Vishal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,576 Views)

Can you post the code you created?

Are you using NI Vision Development Module?

What version of LV are you using?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,515 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks a lot for the response. I am using LabVIEW 2015 (v. 15.0f2; 64bit) along with the vision development module.

I don't know if there is code behind but all I could see is the block diagram behind my front panel. I attached them below for your reference. I hope they would help you identify anything wrong that I am doing.

Best,

Vishal

working_ss1.pngworking_ss2.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,499 Views)

Hallo Vishal,

thank you for the screenshots. To identify the reason of the issue it would be helpful, if you post your VIs.

I see, that you are using lines as ROIs. Is there some special reason for it?

Best wishes,

Alyona

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)