From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom scaling

Hello, im new with labview and have a small question (i hope) for custom scales.

attached is an example from me but the scale doesn´t work. the connected devise is a simulated is a simulated usb 6000. in my opinion i created a factor of 100, and a voltage range of 0-10V. but i don´t get scaled values.

i´m knowing that i can create scaled tasks in automation explorer but i want to understand the manual way.

thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,439 Views)

Simulated devices return a sine wave that oscillates between the channel min and max values.  Scaling doesn't work with simulated devices.

Edit: Here is a link to a tutorial on simulated devices. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,427 Views)

You don't need the custom scale name property node although it can be done that way.  The scale can be wired right into the Create Channel VI.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,393 Views)