LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom scale for load cell

Hi

I am using a load cell to monitor an impact force. The load cell has a fixture attached to it which results in a non zero output. I am using a custom scale to convert the output from the load cell in volts to force to Newtons.

I am creating a custom scale and applying it to the task. I then want to be able to programmitically tare (zero) the load cell output before testing. However, my code does not work. There are no errors, but the gradient and intercept controls within the while loop do not function. Can anyone tell me why? I am aware that this could be done mathematically but I do not understand why the property node method does not work.

I am using labview 2010 with the latest version of daqmx (9.17 I think). My hardware is the USB-6211 card.

Many thanks.

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,589 Views)

I havwe found that the controls on the daqmx create sale vi work if I stop and then restart the code. Does this mean I have to create the task after specifying the custom scale, or can I modify the custom scale on the while the task is running?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,580 Views)

The controls on the daqmx create scale.vi work if I stop and then restart the code. Does this mean I have to create the task after specifying the custom scale, or can I modify the custom scale while the task is running?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Hi John,

Thank you for a good description of the problem you are facing, as I understand it you have set up a custom scale but it doesn't seem to be functioning as you expected.

I have looked into this for you and have found a few examples which may help with the development of your application, I have also linked some articles for you.

The custom scale will need to be created entirely before the task is created, so any modifications can only be done before acquisition begins.

I hope this information is useful, and if you have any further queries please go ahead and post them and I will look into it for you.

Thanks

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,538 Views)