From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom run-time menu file history

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I would like my custom run-time menu to contain a history of data files that have recently been opened.

Can you modify the run-time menu at run-time?

Or can someone point me to an existing solution?

Many thanks,

Phill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,991 Views)
For your first question check this example: Programmatically Load Custom Run-Time Menu: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9341
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,985 Views)

I hope its not available by default. but can be done by custom code which will save the recently opened files in a history file. the same file can be used to retrive the history of data when needed.

If its available by default i am happy to hear from other users.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,985 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to load a complete new menu.

I just want to change the items in it.

For example after opening several data files the menu should look something like:

File

Open..

Recent >

File 1

File 2

File 3

Exit

As I reach a limit of say 5 recent files the oldest is removed:

File

Open...

Recent >

File 2

File 3

File 4

File 5

File 6

Selecting a historic file will save me from browsing to file path again when I want to releoad it.

Phill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,977 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tadders

Refer the examples regarding Menu

Navigate to  Help --> Find Examples---> in the search type Menu and select Customozing the menu bar

The above example is for removing the menu item, like the same you can use for adding the Menu and deleting when exceeds after five items as mnetioned by you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,972 Views)

Excellent - thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,960 Views)