From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom llb icon in user.lib

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an LLB with a set of VIs that perform a set of routines I use in multiple apps.  I have added the llb to my user.lib.  Is there a way of creating a custom icon for this?  I would like to avoid using the default icon and have an easily identifiable icon (to me) for the group.  I have several other groups that I would like to do the same with.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,921 Views)
I think you can do this with the VI Package Manager from JKI Soft.  I haven't done it myself but am planning on doing it this weekend.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rvc

Hi Bob,

no need for a package manager, you may use the built-in icon editor to do your job!

In LV7.1 you go:

-Tools menu -> advanced -> edit palette views

-navigate to the sub-palette icon

-right-click -> edit submenu icon

In LV8+ you may need a different menu item to start palette editing...

Message Edited by GerdW on 03-31-2009 07:50 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(2,914 Views)
You may also want to rethink your use of an llb to store VIs that you are developing (as opposed to deployment). A single corrupt VI in an llb will make the entire llb unreadable and an llb is not very compatible with source code control. Save the VIs in a folder or put them in a lvlib.
Message 4 of 4
(2,908 Views)