LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom gauge max scale limits autoset problem

Solved!
Go to solution

i am building a VI in which gauge ramp will behave as a gauge needle i.e i am planning to make ramp dynamically change with the changin values. i made a VI exactly to like that and is working the only problem i am facing is i need the scale of gauge between 0 to 6000 but when i run the Vi the max scales sets to 1599 automatically...i am not getting what exactly i am missing thats why this problem is coming....help needed....i am attaching my VI here for your reference.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,008 Views)

Very interesting!  I suspect that there is a bug here or some "feature" of the Scale.Marker Values[] property node is undocumented.

First, you also need to set the Scale.Maximum (and perhaps Scale.Minimum) property.

However - and this is where the bug shows up - when you also have the Scale.Marker Values[] property node on the diagram, the Scale Maximum gets reset. I placed both read and write Scale.Maximum property nodes on the diagram with the error clusters wired so the sequence of operations is known.

Scale Markers.png

Marker disabled.png

By trying various values for the Marker Values array I was almost able to get it to work, but the magic algorithm has not yet appeared.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,982 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rajsi

thanks johnsold for your reply.....

Well i managed to find out my mistake...Smiley Tongue ...... the bug in that is by using "Scale.Marker Values[] " we are creating markers in the scale and the no of markers that can be created is limited to 1600 as i think so...thats why it always shows up the 1599 marker nd all the markers above 1599 goes beyond the range thats why we r nt able to see the markers above 1599.... i made it working by another ways.....nyways thnks for your reply....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,971 Views)

Glad you got it working.

I wonder where that number came from? I hope someone from NI jumps in to let us know whether they consider this a bug or an undocumented feature.

If that is a real limit, the property node should throw an error when the limit is exceeded.  It does not.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,950 Views)

Hello, 

Wondering what your solution was for this problem. I'm trying to solve the same problem utilizing your example code. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,530 Views)