cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Enum items enable and Disable dynamically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using 6 Enum controls with same items and each enum having 1. Analog-1, 2. Analog-2, 3. Digital-1, 4. Digital-2.

At any instant I have to select Analog-1 in any two controls and remaining four controls that item should be disabled.

Similarly Analog-2 in any four controls, Digital-1 and Digital-2 in any five controls.

Please help me in this implementation.

Regards,

Sonti

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,883 Views)

"DisabledItems" property node of the enum control will do this functionality. You need some logical implementation with event control. Have you tried anything using those controls? Can you post  the VI you have tried so far?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,863 Views)

I'm thinking about the logic between the Enums.

Till now no logic is impemented. Please help in this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,857 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sonti_11532

Hello,

The following code disables the Analog-1 item on enums 2-6, when on enum1 Analog-1 is selected. Still, if you would like to implement your idea this way, you will have to create some large logic.

enum.PNG

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,854 Views)

Actually your VI has Ring controls not Enum. Anyway no problem with that. You can create separate event case for each control's "value change event". In each case you can use the property nodes of other controls for disabling that particular item.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,853 Views)

Hello Adam,

Your disabling Analog-1 in 2-6 enums but maximum Analog-1 selections are two out of six.

How to check the Analog-1 is selected in two control or not? and similarly other items also.

Regards

Sonti

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,849 Views)

You could use four separate counters (since there are four enum items), and check thier values in the event case.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,843 Views)

Hello,

So far I tried but I didn't achive the output.

Kindly, anyone send the simple logic for for one case.

Regards,

Sonti

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,830 Views)