Dear LVers within and outside NI,
I noticed some peculiar behavior when replacing some old Classic XY-Graphs that show a visible cursor to the new 3D-type XY-Graphs. The cursors on the new XY-Graph would appear with numerous columns and with an area that by far exceeds the cursor boundaries. There is no way to get the cursor columns manually within the boundaries except to save the VI and all possible callers to open it again. This is annoying.
I also noticed that when I create a new cursors on a new XY-Graph showing X-data from negative to positive numbers thus locking the cursor to a plot it would only move in the positive plot range when operated manually with the diamond like cursor control. It's only after editing the cursors position by a text entry to a negative number that it will move into the negative domain as well. However from then on the diamond type control goes the ''wrong''way: Pressing the left diamond the cursor moves right towards numerically increasing values and pressing the right side diamond moves the cursors to the left.
This is not the way is should be. It's with LabVIEW 8.20 under MacOS 10.4.8 for PowerPC.
Regards and happy wireworks
University of Bern
I've tried to reproduce the issues you've been seeing with the XY Graph on my Mac, but so far they have worked properly for me. I'm using LabVIEW 8.2 on a G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.6. I've attached the VI's that I used to try and replicate the issue. Could you give these a try, and also post up VI's that show the behavior you've been seeing?
Thank you very much for checking into this. Actually a member of NI-Switzerland has seen my post here and personally inquired about the problem by phone. I really thought this was a great service. He requested the VIs in question and I have sent them to him. According to his answer it seems as if NI was able to reproduce the problem. It seems to occur because the graphical FP-objects in question were taken up several generations of LVs and were additionally heavily edited for a custom made look. I was advised to just create new graphs from scratch, which I did. However, some problems went away once you saved and reloaded the VIs.
So I guess there is no need to further dig into this issue and I am aware that there are more urgent things that could be done.. like ''Shared Variables'' or ''Timed Loops'' for MacOSX LabVIEW aso..
In case you want to duplicate the problem I attach the ''TestReplaceCursorXY.llb'' which contains ''DisplayFormula.vi''. Replace one of the XY-graphs on this VI's FP with a new one and it should illustrate the problem.
Regards and happy platform independent wireworks
Urs Lauterburg Physics demonstrator Physikalisches Institut University of Bern Switzerland