cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor positions can't extract waveform subset

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm trying to get two cursor positions on a waveform graph to be the inputs for the code below, which will begin a process that will analyse a subset of the waveform. The two cursors define the start and end point for the waveform (Cursor 0 is the start point, cursor 1 is the end point). However, I'm having issues as Labview keeps telling me that the values I've chosen are not multiple integers of dt. I'm not sure what to set to avoid this problem. I've tried to get the cursor plots to be single plot types so they snap to x values (I assume this is what single plot means) but it's not making any difference. Note that there are 2 plots initially going to this waveform graph (original and average waveform) but the selection should only be from one of them (single plot is assigned to original waveform). Please help!

edit - Just a quick update. I noticed that if I re-run the VI, and activate this part of the VI that takes the waveform subset, I actually get what I want. Therefore, I assume I haven't set something properly in another part of the VI where I have an event structure that updates the cursor positions into numeric indicators. Could this be the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,234 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanielPodo

I've solved the problem. Having both cursors on set to single plot on the original waveform should have prevented this issue, but I didn't notice that I was feeding in another waveform beforehand which automatically changed the assignment of the cursor, causing my issue.

Now the cursors stay fixed on the single plot I want after some tweaking.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,208 Views)