From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor Name on Graph Not Visible (though set to be visible)

In the Graph Properties page, I set the different cursors to have their names be visible on the waveform graph.  Yet, I do not see the names.  Is there any logical explanation for this or do I have a corrupt waveform graph.

Thanks,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,337 Views)
FWIW, I've tried your VI here and cannot get the names to appear where I can see them. Yet when I drop a new XY graph on the panel I can get the name to show up just fine. You may be right about it being corrupt.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,323 Views)
I too have observed this on several occasions in my programs. Deleting the cursors and recreating them also causes them to reappear.

The VI in which this happens makes use of a property node to rename the cursors while the program is running; perhaps this is related to the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,319 Views)

My problem is that even when I do a 'replace' with a new XY graph, I have the same problem.

I don't want to just delete the graph and place a new one on the front panel because I have property nodes, references, and local variables associated with the graph.  So it won't be trivial to have to redo.  Still seeking other alternatives.

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,305 Views)
You don't have to replace the graph. Delete the cursors and then re-create them, and the names will be displayed. (Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to delete all of them, but you can still refer to them afterwards as you did originally.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,297 Views)
Actually, you can even do this programmatically.
Image hosting by TinyPic
(Right-click the CrsrList property and select Create->Constant to get the empty array.)

I still wish I knew why this happened in the first place. Clearly it is not expected behavior.

Message Edited by kehander on 03-17-200609:56 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,292 Views)
The labels are there, their offset is WAY off.  To get them to where I could see/manipulate them I brought them to the center and then ran this little code snippet.

Message Edited by jasonhill on 03-17-200609:56 AM

Message 7 of 14
(3,294 Views)
This for now was the easiest alternative.  Bravo and thanks.....Don
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,284 Views)
Did you do that in LabVIEW 8, jasonhill? That property doesn't seem to exist in LV7.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,281 Views)
Is the label offset a LabVIEW 8 cursor property?  I don't believe it is exposed in LabVIEW 7.1.

(I will be upgrading soon, LabVIEW 8 has been sitting on my desk for 4? months as I have just been too tied up to deal with any possible ramifications from the upgrade including any compatibility issues with Vision 7.1).

Sincerely,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,280 Views)