LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current time that is in-sync with my data feed? (my attempt)

Hello,

I am aquiring acceleration signals in real time from an accelerometer and applying some analysis on them.

The signals are aquired at 51.2 Hz.

The resulting 1D arrays [Sample number, Ax, Ay, Az, Resultant 1, Resultant 2, ECG 1, ECG 2] are to be saved as coloumns in a spreadsheet file (excel)...what i am using is a "write to spreadsheet" block...which does the job properly.

The issue is I would like to replace the sample number with the current time [Hr:Min: Sec AM/PM].

I am using Get Date/Time string, which results in a coloumn of timing points that is out of sync...so not all my data points are covered....i tried messing with the delay time in the other loop without much success..

The whole VI runs in a while loop with a 100ms delay...and i am using a collector at 512 samples to do all the aquisiton and analysis (if this matters).

Any idea how to fix that? I am ready to try different things just to get it work!

Thanks a lot for any help! Smiley Happy

- David

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,933 Views)

Anyone?

I am literally losing sleep over this Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(2,901 Views)

Those little images do not make any sense to me. How are you acquiring the data in the first place? Why don't you attach the actual VI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,890 Views)

I'm acquiring data using a Shimmer platform via Bluetooth. I will send you the VI in a private message, if that is OK?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(2,886 Views)

You should add the timestanp to your data at the same time and place that you aquire it. PLace you data into a cluster which includes the time stamp. As you read the data add the timestamp.

And yes, those tiny little pictures do not gove us enough  detail to make any other meaningful suggestions for improvement.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(2,863 Views)

I do not answer private questions and I do not download VIs from some odd third-part party site where you put the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,852 Views)

My apologies. 

The VI is now attached.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,843 Views)

I have tried haing the time stamp (get date/time part) in the same loop to be under the same 100ms delay, but the problem presisted.

Please find the VI in my post above to clarifiy.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,841 Views)

Anyone have an idea?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,814 Views)

I don't have LV 2012 installed. Save your VI for an older version and post it again.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,801 Views)