From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current VI's Path returns location of original source file, not running exe.

Solved!
Go to solution

Running LV 2010.

I have a VI that opens a PDF style manual when the user clicks a button.  My development project is set up with a main project folder, and 3 sub folders called Source, Application and Installer.  Of course, the source code is in the Source folder.  I also have a copy of the manual in the Application folder with the app.

When run, the VI uses the Current VI's Path object as a starting point for where the manual is located.  The Current VI's path includes the Source folder in the path it generates.  This is not a problem when running the source code, as the VI is running from that folder.  Problem is, the Source folder is also included in the generated path at run time on the target machine running the exe.  There is no Source folder on the target machine, so I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening.  It's probably a setting in my application builder, but I can't find it.  Never had this problem before.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rickford66
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,344 Views)

Ah, the application directory is actually what I really wanted.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,334 Views)