LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current VI's Path Constant Error 7

im using current vi's path like the answer to question# 34 in the CLD-R sample exam, but does not work? can anyone explain...cld_r question#34.png

here is what i got, it's trying to append to the main vi itself....ini (SubVI)_BD.png

the correct vi is....

ini ver2 (SubVI)_BD.png

does it have anything to do with it being a "LV 2011 ser. pack1, development system"? or is question #34 the wrong answer? Append File Path for a File in the Same Folder

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,483 Views)

I'm not digging up the exam that you referenced, but if it is saying what you said it is, the exam is wrong (not a big surprise).  The Current VI's Path is the path to the VI itself.  So it would be "c:\temp\blah.vi" (just as an example).  You need to strip off the VI name in order to get its folder.  It has always been this way.

Now in the EXE, the rules are a little different since the VI is inside of the EXE.  It gets a little more complicated.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,477 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I'm not digging up the exam that you referenced, but if it is saying what you said it is, the exam is wrong (not a big surprise).  The Current VI's Path is the path to the VI itself.  So it would be "c:\temp\blah.vi" (just as an example).  You need to strip off the VI name in order to get its folder.  It has always been this way.

Now in the EXE, the rules are a little different since the VI is inside of the EXE.  It gets a little more complicated.

Always you come first before I click post you are doing that 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,472 Views)

P@Anand wrote:
Always you come first before I click post you are doing that 🙂

When the boss isn't looking, it's easy.  Besides, other people do it enough to me.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,470 Views)

Ok, now that I've looked at the exam, I see what the test makers are going for.  Based on their intention, A is the correct answer.  However, the implementation is wrong.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,469 Views)