From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cuatom DC Sweep for Keithley 2400 via GPIB

Hello,

I already have an old VI that interface -among others- a Keithley 2400 via GPIB. There is already a DC sweep functionality for linear, log, Exp, inverse and Manual modes.

I would like to expand it and add "custom" sweep to do a rectangular waveform sweep.

Here is an image:

1.png

And the front panel:

2.png

The Keithly manual describes how commands can be used to implement the custom sweep, but it is not clear for me how these commands will be sent in LV.

ali8

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,436 Views)

Another question: could the older Keithly drivers (for LV 2009, for example) be used with newer LV (2012 in my case)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,415 Views)

To clarify: I already know what commands I need to send to the Keithley, I only need to know how to send them in Labview (via GPIB). The current program works fine, I only need to figure out how the commands are sent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,409 Views)
In approved drivers, the VISA functions (i.e. VISA Write) are used. Some older drivers might use the functions on the GPIB palette.
Message 4 of 16
(4,397 Views)

but the current implementation does not use any VISA vi...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,392 Views)
The current driver from NI most certainly does. Since you have posted any code or even shown a block diagram of any instrument communication, it's impossible to say. You should be able to tell yourself. Don't you have Context Help turned on? Even if you don't recognize the functions, the help window will tell you the name.
Message 6 of 16
(4,387 Views)

OK, after a long tryial and error, and using the Kiethley driver for LV (ver 8.2, attached), I still cannot use custom sweep.

The attached vi has two command boxes, the first is a linear sweep mode that works perfectly, the second is the custom sweep mode (adapted from Kiethley manual) that doesn't work.

The example is based on an example I found in the driver package.

Any help is appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,358 Views)

Since I cannot edit a post (why?), attached is the same example above but with some typo corrected.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,354 Views)

OK the solution is to use "list" as the output mode parameter for the Read vi.

But when I do something like 0,1,1 custom sweep, the motion from 0 to 1 gives a triangle, I want a sqare pulses. See image:

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,352 Views)

Hi ali8,

I'm looking to achieve a solution to the same problem.

Setting up and running custom sweeps for the keithley 2400 over labView and GPIB.

I was hoping you could load up your solution to this on LabView 8.2 software.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,308 Views)