LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl-key not working properly under Linux

Hello,

I am using Labview 8.6 under Ubuntu Linux 8.10 (Gnome) with a German keyboard layout.  If I want to enter a backslash "\" and hit the control-key I first get one ore more space-characters. This is very annoying and produces sometimes hard to find typing errors. I don't have such problems with any other applications so the keyboard settings of Gnome/X-server seem to be fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,856 Views)

I have similar issue with Labview under Windows. Ctrl-Key is not working at all for saving and so on, but Ctrl-Key is working in other application.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,214 Views)

Are you saying that the Control Key is not working when you are trying to use it for menu shortcuts?

Is it working for other situations like Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V when editing in a string control?

Check the Tools menu, Options,  and Menu Shortcuts page to make sure the control key shortcuts are defined for Save and other items.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,204 Views)

Yes, when I'm trying to use it for menu shortcuts?

No, it's not working for other situations like Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V when editing in a string control?

I've checked the Tools menu, Options,  and Menu Shortcuts page to make sure the control key shortcuts are defined for Save and other items. All are the default values and also I restored all by clicking the "Restore All" button.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,194 Views)

Okay.  It was just a thought of where there might be a problem with LabVIEW and doing a Ctrl-S for save being a problem, but not for other apps.

I don't have any other ideas right now.  I don't do Linux and it seems like that is where your problem lies.  I don't have the time or desire anymore for the sake of trying to make non-conventional operating system with a myriad of flavors and versions functional, so I stay away from it.

Good luck.  Hopefully those people who love to dive into the nitty gritty details of an operating system like Linux have some ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,169 Views)

Thank you RavensFan, But it is under widows (if you see my first sentece). Anyway, Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,164 Views)

You're right.  I was thinking back to the original post where that poster had mentioned Ubuntu.

I hate to suggest it, but perhaps tryi reinstalling LabVIEW?   That is one of those shot in the dark suggestions that maybe something was corrupted in the original install.  I don't recall reading any messages where someone had problems with the control key before with LabVIEW and Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,148 Views)