From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of properties of Xcontrol - error

Hi all, I just started with Xcontrols. I am trying to create my own Listbox and I don't want to have all the properties code in "display state change" of Facade.vi. So I put a reference of the Listbox into State 1.vi because I thought that this way I could change the properties of the control in the property Vis. But I still get "Object reference is invalid" error. Why? I initialized the reference in "Exec state change". So Why? Thank a lot guys!
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,458 Views)
ceties,

This method of having a control reference as part of state information is not something I've seen attempted before. The file that you posted didn't seem to include any of the property VI's that you refer to.  Could you include an exampleof one of these property VIs?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,423 Views)

Thanks for the reply. It's solved already. I cross posted it to LAVA forum.

tcplomp answer: In the 'Exec state change' you should set the 'State Changed?' boolean in the 'Action' cluster to true.

Message Edited by ceties on 01-29-2008 03:24 AM
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,414 Views)
Reading my own post I realized that I have posted wrong link. This is the right one

Message Edited by ceties on 02-28-2008 11:05 AM
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,343 Views)