LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating stand alone application for automatic inspection by using Labview and VBAI

Currently I'm working on a project which requires automatic inspection of manufacturing of stranded conductor. I'm using VBAI to do that and then make an application(Exe) using labview. I'm using PCIe GiGe card for frame grabbing, I/O device to send and receive signals and a driver circuit which can control the motors. Whenever there is any error the motors should be turned off. So I've to control the whole process through that EXE.

Now to run that application on a "virgin" PC which files do I require on that PC that should be there in that installer so that it can do the above mentioned work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,450 Views)

Are you controlling the VBAI Engine from your built LV app using VBAI API VIs (ie.VIs from this palette:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12325/en#NewVisionBuilderAIAPIforCallingInspectionsfromExternalApplica...

Or are you migrating your VBAI inspection to LabVIEW?

Is this all running on Windows?

If you're using the LabVIEW API to control VBAI running on your local machine, you will need to have Vision Builder AI installed on your clean machine. It can be a run time version though, which doesn't allow for creating new inspections, but you can run existing inspections, and this license is cheaper than the full development version.

If Vision Builder AI is running on an RT target, you don't need Vision Builder AI installed on your clean machine, but you will need to select the Vision Builder AI API option in the LV App Builder Installer. This is only needed for the VBAI running on RT option though because if VBAI is running on Windows, you will need to install VBAI with the normal VBAI installer and this will put everything down that your app needs with regards to VBAI components.

If your LabVIEW app is using the code that can be generated from Vision Builder AI when you migrate your inspection to LabVIEW, your installer will need to include the Vision Run Time Engine.

In either case, you will need to make sure and install any drivers needed by your application. It sounds like you have a GigE camera, so you will need to install Vision Acquisition Driver (IMAQdx), and I'm not sure if you're using motion or DAQ to control your motor, but make sure to include any other drivers needed by your app.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,445 Views)

I'm migrating that application to labview and then make an .exe.

I'm using NI USB I/O device to send the signals to the PLC which is actually controlling the motors. So now what would you suggest?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,427 Views)

You will need the Vision Run Time Engine so the VBAI functionality in your generated code works. I'm not exactly sure what the USB device needs...I guess DAQ (do you use DAQ VIs to read/write the USB device?) Since you also use a GigE Camera, you will also need Vision Acquisition (IMAQdx) as mentioned before.

Both Vision Run Time and IMAQdx require licensing, so just make sure you have paid for these run time licenses for all your deployed systems.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,416 Views)

I'm using this device as I/O:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201630

NI USB-6501 (24-ch, 8.5 mA)

Ofcourse I'm using DAQ VI's to use it. I think it is the only way to use it. 

Is this hardware serve my purpose? I'm asking this because I don't know too much about hardwares and also in this application there is so much heat and humidity in that area where it is going to installed. So I want something rugged enough to bear that and also I'm little tight on budget.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,395 Views)