LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating buttons that have numeric value to run a motor.

You could add another state to the state machine called "Pause" which will wait 1 second then move to the "Up" or "Down" state and then return to standby when complete

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(161 Views)

@LukeTEI wrote:

You could add another state to the state machine called "Pause" which will wait 1 second then move to the "Up" or "Down" state and then return to standby when complete

How would I keep it stalling at -1 or 1 so it can continue to go up/down before it returns 0? Also 0 won't return to orignal position for my appilication. For example if I go up it would be -1 then to go down would be 1. Inputting a 0 won't do anything for my application. That's why I orginally needed a button that holds both -1 and 1 and add a timed function so that I could keep it up/down before reversing. My motor controlled through VISA. I need the program perform this way: Click button labeled as "Cycle Once" > Labview will send -1 which is up. It could return to 0 or be kept as -1 while it run. I need a time control where i would manually input how long to keep it running up > afterwards when the time as elapsed it would send 1 which is down. That is basically it. I was able to modify your vi by switching the "is equal" returning -1,0,1 when i click up. But, it would keep looping through those numbers. Thanks for your responce. I'll keep trying to figure out how to edit your VI until then. 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(149 Views)